Note: Modified and updated on 2020.09.1.
This page is about basic configuration of jSpace installed in EVE-PRO or VMware Fusion. I will go further to include configuration in EVE-PRO.
Note: jSpace need to be connected to a network which has access to Internet.
MacBook Pro is external, connected to internet and used for configuration inside terminal and Firefox. Appears in picture just just for understanding the configuration and use of jSpace.
1 – Click jSpace. It will be opened in EVE-PRO.
2 – You will be asked to enter user and password respectively also for UNIX password.
- Username: admin
- Password abc123
3 – After this you will be asked to change the password. Choose your new password according to the local instructions. Otherwise you may fail to set a proper password.
[sudo] password for admin: Juniper123Juniper123 (- the_configured_password)
4 – Press enter and continue. Configuration Eth0 will start.
Choose the type of node to be installed [S/F] S
Configuring Eth0: 1) Configure UPv4 2) Configure Both IPv4 and IPv6 R) Redraw Menu
5 – Click 1 and continue
Choice [1-2,R]: 1
Please enter new IPv4 address for interface eth0 192.168.100.199 Please enter new IPv4 subnet mask for interface eth0 255.255.255.0 Enter the default IPv4 gateway as a dotted-decimal IP address: 192.168.100.1 Please type the IPv4 nameservicer address in dotted decimal notation: 220.127.116.11 Configure a separate interface for device management? [y/N] n Will this Junos Space system be added to an existing cluster? [y/N] n
6 – Web GUI configuration
Configuring IP address for web GUI: 1) Configure IPv4 R) Redraw Menu Chose [1,R]: 1 Please enter IPv4 Address for web GUI: 192.168.100.200 Do you want to enable NAT service? [y/N] n Add NTP Server? [y/N] y Please type the new NTP server: 192.168.100.1 Please enter display name for this node: jSpace Enter password for cluster maintenance mode: Juniper123Juniper123 (- mine_password) Re-enter password: Juniper123Juniper123 (- mine_password) ----- A> Apply settings ----- Chose [ACQR]: A
Note: For Please type the new NTP server: 192.168.100.1 which is default IPv4 gateway you can use also something external like 18.104.22.168
Here is an image but all to do list is up
7 – Now you can connect to the box via SSH at its ip 192.168.100.199
% ssh email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org's password: Juniper123Juniper123 (- the-password) ... 7) (Debug) run shell ... Chose [1-7,AQR]: 7 [sudo] password for admin: Juniper123Juniper123
[root@space-000c29cb6706 ~]# ip -4 addr 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> meu 655536 disc no queue state UNKNOWN inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo 2: eth0: <BROUDCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000 inet 192.168.100.199/24 brd 192.168.100.255 scope global eth0 <---Primary IP inet 192.168.100.200/24 brd 192.168.100.255 scope global secondary eth0:0 <---Secondary GUI IP Address
8 – Now it is time to login to the web UI.
- Impossible use Safari from MacBook Pro. Install and use Firefox.
Note: If connect to correct internet and configure with current ip, jSpace can be open also with Firefox from MacBook Pro.
- Username: super
- Password juniper123
You have to configure a new password. I insert mine new password jSpace321jSpac.
9 – Ready to use jSpace to deploy the Network Director.
- Download and use Network-Director.4.0R1.36.img in Download folder or … It is difficult to use an .img situated in Dropbox. Make a copy of the Network-Director.4.0R1.36.img and put it in Downloads folder in MacBook Pro.
- Inside MacBook Pro open Firefox than jSpace using the web IP like https://192.168.100.200
- Web user is super and the configured password jSpace321jSpace
- Go to Adminitration -> Applications -> + button meaning Add Application
- Select Upload via HTTP and upload the Network-Director.4.0R1.36.img
- Please click on Job ID to new details > OK
- Once it appears, click install then OK
- Application Management Job Information: Please logout and log in again after the installation of new application completed successfully. Click on Job ID to new details > OK
- It will take a while for the application to be installed…